Adios 2017! Hello 2018.....Surprise Me..(and Be Kind)

Pink Hibiscus, Jinja 2017
So last day of the year, phew! What a ride!

This has definitely been a definitive year for me in many ways.  It was tough year for me personally, professionally, physically and politically. But tough is woven in my DNA structure and I embrace all the good, bad and downright horrible things that constantly mould me into who I am.

It is also the year I picked up a DSLR for the first time in over two years. My camera eye has been on mute and most of my images have been borne out of my handy phone. Picking this up once more is my way of grieving over loss and hurt and realising that I was holding on tenterhooks of things and people beyond my reach and influence. For the first time in 39 years, it feels good to actually chose to the path of happiness and things that are positive.

Its been a rough couple of weeks for me health-wise giving me all kinds of scares and anxieties...but by gods I had a bowl of soup and chicken flakes today and never felt so grateful to keep food down and a glimmer of hope for something that looks like health....health is precious if you have it guard it fiercely! It is not easy enduring the strain of sickness, lethargy and weakness - sending positive vibrations to anyone struggling with their health tonight.

One thing that sickness has taught me, is how fickle life is. In the face of a weakened body I realised my biggest fear is not death but the things I am yet to let go of, to do and say before I leave this life as I know it. I also learnt that NOTHING is ever worth wasting life over unless it is wholesome and meaningful to you. If you find yourself constantly justifying why you hold on to people, things and experiences that are toxic, perhaps it is time for you to consider letting go and find new paths....We grip on to too much unnecessary baggage and things or feelings and this is mostly driven by fear and insecurity. This iron grip is often so tight it chokes everything else and prevents us from really living. Imagine clamouring constantly wringing our hands chasing clouds and shadows and by the time we realise life is not a rehearsal it is too late. So LIVE, LOVE, HURT, WIN, LOSE, CRY, LAUGH and fill your life journey with memorable experiences because that is what counts. And life can only be meaningful when it is woven with kindness and compassion in its fabric. 

The last day of the year is an(other) opportunity to appreciate those who choose to be my rock, my fam and my friends you are my beloved. I thank you for being a beacon of light in my path... I hope I can be reciprocate this in your direction in some way.

Hospital visits, convalescing selfies and life partners! Mel and Wanja

A special thank you to Wanja my partner for being my fan, my watch, my sick buddy, hospital buddy, and for nursing and willing me into health you are a gem in my life. Thank you for the amazing friends and family who constantly check in share their time with us and their love and healing vibes our way; may you reap in bounty the love you shed our way thus far.

I wish for you my beloved to have a fulfilling 2018 whatever it has planned for us in its totality. 

memento vivere!

Comments

Popular Posts