Standing Bare, Naked and True...Love lives there...



Sited in my garden today...Blue Porterweed
I am loosely aware of a new bounce in the energy of my step. Also of the lessons and practice of saying ENOUGH to certain whiffs of bullshit - mine and others. This has slowly planted root in my day to day life and given me a new spaciousness I never knew existed in my heart and in my mind. And to be honest, today I wake up with a wonderful sense of freedom of letting go of seriously compacted bullshit I have harboured  for a while. 

And wow it feels good, empty and strangely calm. 

Enough with the puns...or not...

And so more and more I am recognising the patterns of life that I occupy with loved ones around me. How love ignites and stays smouldering and how the unsavoury emotions people conjure are sprinkled along my path. 

And going deeper into this, my inner eye has began to discern and truly understand how our human nature and desire sometimes wants to control situations and people…and we become experts at forcing the hands and choreographing feelings and choices of others to suit us. 

Some of us will see this as epitomising the definition politics and very much in the nature of people , while others will see this as physiological and emotional manipulation and others as plain and simple deceit. And you know what, for me all these ideas are not untruths.

It is also increasingly clearer to me how complicit I have been in a deceitful world where half-truths are not considered lies ... and where we do not acknowledge fears and insecurities we carry; and instead play this out in our relationships and associations. We take our made-up selves into new connections and cover up our damage with skin toned bandaids and put up a smile.  Each of us thinking and believing that this connection will be the one place where we can truly find happiness and ease our inner stings…. until we don’t……..then we press reset and do this over and over again until our lives or loves reach the end because there is nothing left to offer but hurt, dust and ghosts...we cannot keep up with the facade for long because, our bandages fray and our wounds will fester and seep out to the surface no longer hidden all because we refused to tend to them.

So perhaps we need to find ways to stand bare and naked while on our paths. We need to expose our wounds to nature. Let the warm sun-rays lick our blisters, feel the breeze of wind calm the throbbing pain, the cool of water clean the dirt off our sores. We need to speak our truths and surface our fears and our pains...There is still time if these words move you to find an offering of compassion in this fickle life of ours....

We need to have some faith that love can heal us. We need to let others we care about see us bare naked body filled with the wounds of our life. But first, we need to be brave a little and lay bare and honest within our souls, and in the core of our bones...we need to let honesty to ooze out of ourselves first and love will follow....then it may surprise us how bountiful the love we generate is... to ourselves and to others. We may learn to be the most honest, raw and the truest versions of ourselves and that is ok and love lives there.

And we are simply enough.

Comments

Popular Posts