Am I?....


A little later than the witching hour
My mind cogs itself to motion
Sleep is evaded easily
My mind a faithful companion is most articulate then.
Qualms that engulf me are dealt with impartially
Frenzied mindsets are validated,
Tactics are drawn,
Meetings premeditated or cancelled
My mind shrugs itself off emotional baggage.
Fevers, chills, migraines and body aches are temporarily numbed
For a while I trade in for immortality and semblance of thought
Mercifully, it is granted.
A little gap in the vastness of time
A time most forlorn
With little or no acclaim as the rest of the world sleeps
Or is cradled in the gentle arms of a loved companion
With no interest in me or mine:
The flash of hopeful brilliance
Fades by dawn
Nuances may radiate when I relate
More of it seeming than certain.
Leaving void in the minds of many
As to whether I am……

Comments

Popular Posts