The Wind Carries a Song




the last time
you and I 
saw the night sky
i recall our song 
the wind sang.
i knew it would be 
the last time
i saw you.
i stayed up late 
watching the rise and fall 
of your gentle breathing. 
in the morning 
clouds yielded 
to the sun’s reign 
golden streaks of warm
slowly licked its glow 
across your face 
and the bare of your neck
just like the kisses 
i planted there hours ago
you stirred ....sighed and shifted...
leaning back as though to bask 
in that glorious light
you were most beautiful then
eyes shut
mouth in your halfway smile
my final gaze of you
i pulled back
slowly away
peeling off you 
off your warmth
that wrapped me 
when around you
it was cold outside that day
perhaps its the cold 
of when you are not here...
i hum to forget  
you and the cold...
would my whispers 
make their way to you
each dawn break 
carried by the wind’s flutter 
ever so slight
listen
to the morning birds song...
to my mourning birds song...

Comments

Popular Posts