"Curving the Visual" Alliance Française Galleries 8-31st March



Tomorrow, Tuesday the 8th of March 2011 is International Women's Day.

To many this day may not mean very much to our otherwise busy lives...it was the same case for me for a long time.

But then I came across amazing women, great thinkers and women who are driven to make a positive difference in palpable ways. Women who are generous with thought, ideas and sharing of skills and experience. Women who are courageous to stand against all wrong. Motherhood and sisterhood meshed together.

And so I paid a little bit more attention to these kinds of women and on what they do to make a difference no matter how small... I consider them all very much as my mentors and I learnt the lesson of replacing self gratification to a much wider scale; that of lifting the lives of others.

This year, I was invited to participate in a journey of art called "Curving the Visual" it involves the photographic art of Wambui Mwangi, Silvia Gichia, Barbara Minishi, Kasyoka Mwanzia and me, Sikiliza. The journey is a documentation of African women photographic African women, these are our stories. We have an amazing text on the collection by Yvonne Adhiambo Owuor. The show opens on 8th March 2011 at Alliance Française Galleries Nairobi at 6.30pm. The exhibition will run till 31st March 2011.

Please join us celebrating women; come and be part of our stories.

Karibu

*Welcome*

Comments

Popular Posts