THINGS, (Just) THINGS....


things are THINGS and I like things I cannot tell a lie but I don't LOVE things.

THINGS are things which keep me warm and dry but I don't stay up THINKING of things.

THINGS are things colourful bright and elicit smiles that lift my lips but don’t TOUCH my soul.

THINGS are things that house me and my things for perceived safety but don’t CONFRONT my fears.

THINGS are things that bridge the gaps of life and lifelessness but do not breathe PASSION into me.

These THINGS are things, just things aiding my existence but do not STIR my essence.

They are just THINGS.... things I need but do not DESIRE.

They are THINGS... things I crave for but they not SUSTAIN me.

They are THINGS... things I aspire for but draw me little PLEASURE 

They are just THINGS... things I have but do not keep me up DREAMING, WANTING, CREATING, WISHING, ACHING, LONGING, LOVING... LOVE.

THINGS, just THINGS these are...



Comments

Sky said…
I like this a lot! We spend so much time and life filling our lives with things and acquiring more and more things (because they only fill up thise empty spaces for a second) but our hearts and souls remain empty. Things are definitely just things. I wish we all knew this growing up.

Popular Posts