Politicking Kenyan Style


DSC04348
Originally uploaded by
sikiliza
I was going to write something real snazzy about the general elections this year..specifically...something about the men who have declared interest in the Nakuru seat.

A friend of mine is running...friend of the family is keen..and a whole list of other Wanna Be's yet to declare their stand...


Well I have tried unsuccessfully to call my friend and interview him either in Nairobi where his based or in Nakuru where he intends to stand and get his vision for the town..his calls go unanswered or he is stuck in Very Important Meetings somewhere a Nairobi jam away.....this is usually a bad sign...not yet past the nominations and the fella is already inaccessible...What happens when he gets the seat???

Well lucky for me I know the power of my vote...and in the coming weeks I will put to task the madding crowd asking for it...

Its amazing to see Kenyans reach a level of some maturity in terms of exercising their basic right to vote..now we need to see some maturity trickle down to the petty propaganda lobbyists...having a peaceful election is not an impossibility....

Now...the drums are rolling and I was amazed to see the president setting foot in the bad side of town for the first time this weekend since he got elected in 2002...wonders never cease in Kenyan Election Campaigns....

~Siki~

Comments

Popular Posts