Small Town Girl


I am just back from a trip from the big bad (good?) city called Nairobi...am all wide eyed, jaw-on-the-floor and that kind of thing….the improvements since I last went there are amazing...
Guess what...motorists are stopping at zebra crossings...the streets are swept clean every morning, the street lights are working...no runny-nosed street kids high on something begging and harassing on the streets...no hawkers on the footpath pissed if you accidentally step on her tomatoes...WOOOOOOOOOOW....
But as I got back home and smelt the nice clean air and non-significant traffic....cheap cabs and every two people greeting me in my hometown...my heartstrings get pulled and I am drawn to the small town coziness I was born and brought up in...Home sweet home…

~Siki~

Comments

Popular Posts